Monday, January 24, 2011

DIRTY THIRTY


A friend of mine turned 30 this week and her theme for the year ‘welcome to the dirty thirty’.
Myself being almost two years into my thirties, I have to say, the thirties are really great. You are old enough to do anything you like. You also have the money and decision making power to do all the things you like AND you do have the maturity to actually NOT do all the things you could be doing.
I think it is pretty amazing. In the job world you can start relaxing. You don’t have to compete all the time and proof that YOU CAN. You have learnt that most of the things take time and a little patience and that they will eventually come right. You have cooled off your initial ‘I will save the world idealism’ but you know where and how you can make a difference around you.
You are able to tell your family when you need your time off but at the same time you appreciate having a family and you accept that nobody is perfect – including your parents.
Ok, I won’t comment on the relationship things because I’m still single and most of my other friends are married. Maybe I can make a comment for a single lady in her thirties; it’s awesome. I can just re-phrase what I said above - 'You are old enough to do anything you like. You can try all the things you would like to AND you do have the maturity to actually NOT do all the things you could be doing.'

Happy Thirties to all of you who are in it! Enjoy it, they won't come back.

No comments:

Post a Comment